View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by Wickedest1 View Post
So yesterday I got another back rim from a donor bike. I was going to swap my 40tooth to it but decided to install the 44 that came with the fh kit. Got the wheel ready to go, then realized that the banana plates dont line up at all in any configuration. I tried anyways and got the bolts through. But no matter how I tighten it the overlap throws off the balance and the rear sprocket amount of tightening and patterning has solved this...I've contacted the vendor and see where it goes...oh and apparently 1700 miles on a sprocket has a tendency to work harden the bolts into a locked position...without thread the 40toother is a no swap for now...and I'm still without a bike to ride...going to build a cardboard engine mock up and see if I can squeeze a kit into my 1950 jc higgins 20"er...
There are (at least that I know of,) 2 different sizes of bolt hole diameters on the sprockets. This also means that there are 2 sizes of back plates and mounting rubbers. I don't know why, but I found out the hard way. I've MADE different sizes work together when I had no choice, but it wasn't easy.
Work harden the bolts my A**. I use them over and over till they strip out.

Last edited by fatdaddy; 12-16-2012 at 01:48 PM.