View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Latest shop dog build "greeniee"

So heers a look at my latest build , i really had a lot of fun with this bike !
Riding along one afternoon my buddy and I came across this great frame resting against a tree with a little sign that said "free" and i was in love...
Its a pasfic coast frame from the 70s sometime? The forks are from the bike graveyard ,the kid who runs the place thinks there from 1903-10 ish.
The neck was rusted thru so they needed about five hours in the shop and were ready to roll again . The tanks are based on a simple ribbon/saddlebag design, with hardeware store caps and napa petcocks . After spot welding they were brazed and lined with casewell tank kream . The ext. Is made from old handle bars and mocked up useing little pipe splicers for welding . The bikes orignial neck was modified to run new beachcomber bars topped off by hand made rope gripps. The seat has a homemade step back and is hand stiched unto old plastic seat tub with green leather .the rear wheel hub is from an old tandem (bikegraveyard) and a strumey archer drum in front . The motor is a grubee gt-5 @ 66cc.
This bike gets alot of double takes and seems to be a fav of the old timers

Hand made grips
Tanks during fab
Mock up on rack
With bars + seat
Finished bike 1
Thanx for checking it out jmj buche
we few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
for he that shares the road with me shall be my brother. be he nare so vile this ride shall gentile his condition . and pedestrians now afoot will hold there manhood cheap when passed by a motor bike geek

Last edited by "the prussian" Shop Dogs; 12-13-2012 at 06:52 PM.