View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: my second build!

Originally Posted by Johnc123 View Post
I want to build another bike and the bike I think I'm gonna use is the thruster fixie 700c and I'm stuck on engines I really would like to use the bgf rb80s or the dax f80 and the bgf is only 139 then the dax engine is 260 with shipping. I talked to Duane on the phone and he claims the dax f80 is made in the USA and has all grade A bolts and hardware do you all think this is true should I go with thedax motor or the cheap bgf please let me know thanks
Beside all the good advice Turbo gave you above first things first...

There is no such thing as an 80cc motor, they all measure 66cc displacement unless they do magic to make the bore and stoke numbers more..

There are no 2-stroke small motor manufactures in the USA, unless you look at super expensive Italian made Morini's and the like they are all made in China.

DAX may be stripping cheap bike motor kits and putting in better parts but new 2010+ EPA reg kits like the Skyhawk's already come with them and better kit parts to boot for less.
I just scored a 48cc 2011 Skyhawk kit from for $172 delivered with their Thanksgiving sale, and a pair of 66's the holiday before for less as 48's are more expensive for some unexplained reason other than 48's are legal most places and 66's are not.

I get all the e-mail ads and pounce on the Skyhawk holiday deals but just have to laugh at the others I get.

Just my advice, take it or leave it, but when it comes to building top quality motorized bikes for a living I don't take shortcuts on anything and that has paid off in spades.
KC's Krusiers Builds