View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: First build Genesis Two Nine MTB

As promised here's the pictures of my current progress. Biknut, I agree that it would probably be better to do the repair myself, but im not sure I trust myself learning to properly tap a hole on my first working kit. I'm going to ask the guy to show me so I can do it myself should the problem ever arise again. He might even have the adapter bolt that I need. We shall see.

A few things I forgot to mention in my previous updates. I could not fit the CDI onto the frame with the hardware provided. No big deal, easily remedied by an excessive amount of electrical tape. I don't mind the look for now as it might help keep everything in there sealed off from moisture.

The kit I ordered was supposed to come with a black muffler, but they were not in stock so the chrome will have to work for now. Its for the best anyways because the stock cranks are hitting it occasionally when peddling, which is also no big deal cause how often am I really going to pedal?!? Eventually I plan on installing a pull start and a centrifugal clutch so I can register it as a moped without committing perjury. To do this I will need the wide crank set also which will remedy the contact issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM00094.jpg (77.0 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00095.jpg (80.6 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00098.jpg (77.8 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00099.jpg (133.1 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00101.jpg (82.1 KB, 71 views)