View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by VIKTR View Post
I need to get my hands on a decent welder first
Haha well I'm sure it'll be around when your ready for it

Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
Think MUFFLER SHOP! They weld a little cheaper than the machine shops. I did that for a couple years before I got mine. But ya gotta catch them on a slow day, Otherwise they will charge you up the wazoo.
This is a good idea, I did this for a while till I finally ponied up for my harbour freight welder

Originally Posted by happycheapskate View Post
Not really, not like a turbo or anything. It's just a stationary "fan" with an ace bandage and hose clamp over that rubber boot. (see album). The air going over the bike goes straight into that boot though. The idea is to force the air to spin in one direction to prevent pulsing, and pack more air into the carb.

Google intake tornado for cars, it does the same thing.

If you want to see how it works, cut the bottom off a 2 Liter bottle. Cap and fill the bottle. Let it drain (glug glub glub). Do the same thing with the little fan laying in the bottom. (Shoooooooop -empty)

You can get the fan blade off with a big flat blade screwdriver by gently prying and turning from under the center part, and prying the magnet out. They are free in the trash at computer stores.
Very interesting, I've seen the ones for cars and figured it was a gimmick of some kind, your analogy of the 2 liter bottom has me thinking twice though...