View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by Wickedest1 View Post
@fatdaddy...thanks brother...I'm beyond relieved myself...actually just woke up from a much needed nap...the fh has shipped and I'm gonna do a few things differently with this build...more rubber under the mounts...used hand grips on the previous build...chunks of mud flap this time...and ive figured out how to wire up a 6 volt flash light to use as a headlight...7.4watt light instead of the 4.8watt one that is standard in previous failures were due to me trying to wire into the white wire and black...not realizing I needed to go to the white and blue...definitely super excited for the new build and much cheaper than a friction kit...$3 for the light...$1.09 for the brighter bulb and about 10 minutes and some my neighbor is bright as heck runin strong...thanks to everyone for your well wishings...
Gas and nunya are right wicked. Rubber mounting only increases vibration. And welding your mount solid is the BEST way. But as long as you can get a good, flat, solid fit on the stock mount it'll be fine. I like using the u-bolt mount for my front mount. I'm using the double u-bolt but the single u-bolt works well also, and it's only $10 on ebay. The double is more than twice as much. But these are kinda for the bigger frames.