View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by Wickedest1 View Post
...I'm gonna do a few things differently with this build...more rubber under the mounts...used hand grips on the previous build...chunks of mud flap this time...and ive figured out how to wire up a 6 volt flash light to use as a headlight...7.4watt light instead of the 4.8watt one that is standard in previous failures were due to me trying to wire into the white wire and black...not realizing I needed to go to the white and blue...
Search the forums here about rubber mounting and using the white wire for a light. The rubber is a bad idea as it only worsens the chances of breaking a frame due to vibration. While you may not feel it your frame certainly does. However slight, the rubber does allow some movement and that will, over time, cause a frame failure.

If you wire a headlight to your white wire it tends to rob the spark plug of too much current and your bike wont run as strong.

Both of your ideas have been discussed MANY times.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson