View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
Hey big. HOW do ya go two months without riding yer bike? You must have more than the one bike. If I have to go more than a week my eyes start to cross, my stomach get upset and my brain starts getting foggy.
You DID say you have a 2 gallon tank though, maybe it was just left over gas.
I know you said it's purring pretty good, but did ya get a power increase with the 93 and new head? More top end?
Well, to tell you the truth, its been sort of a combination of things. My mother-in-law passed away just over a month ago, and I have been staying home with my wife, because she was very close to her mom and she took it pretty hard.Also, the bike needed work done to it, and I tried not to take too much time away from my wife to do that, so it kinda got done in bits and pieces. I wanted it to be done close to perfect before riding it much, cause I'm starting to get really anal about every little detail. Yes, the bike does seem to have developed a bit more power. This may seem kinda strange, but I think its sorta like a break-in process with the high compression head. Here is why I think that. I did ride my bike a few times after installing the hi-hi head last month, but not very far. And it didnt seem that much different to me the first few times. Coming home yesterday after filling up, it still didnt seem that much different. Today, I went to the same place where I filled up yesterday to return some dvd's to redbox. On the way there, didnt notice much difference, except she pulled a little better. On the way back, I began to notice a definite difference in rpm's. I wasnt flying at warp speed, but I felt a little more oomph. I am betting that after a few more rides, especially a longer ride, I will begin to notice a bigger difference. Once I get out for a nice long ride, I'll take my speedo with me so I know exactly what kind of speeds I'm hitting, and I will report back.