View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Now I Have Two Half Frames!!!

I was riding my China Girl powered beach cruiser the other day. As it grew darker outside, I stopped and connected the headlight to the HT's white wire. Not more than ten blocks down the road, the motor died. I checked a few things and found that there was no spark. Checked all the wiring inside and out, disconnected the lights, kill switch, etc. All seemed well, so the diagnosis was a blown CDI.

I flipped the bike over for some reason or other and heard a cracking sound. Having no idea what that sound was, I decided to pedal home. I immediately noticed that the bike was almost uncontrollably wobbly. I checked the wheels tires, etc. I found a small crack where the bottom tube connects to the steering head. So, I started pushing her home. Before I made it to the end of the street, the entire steering tube and top bar broke loose from the bottom half of the bike.

I carried it like this for a few blocks until I could find a good hiding spot for it. I stashed it behind some bushes at some public building, then walked home to get the car. Looks like I'll be mounting the kit on my old FD frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Broken Frame 1.jpg (166.6 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg Broken Frame 2.jpg (138.1 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg Broken Frame 3.jpg (128.6 KB, 104 views)