View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Engine advice needed

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Bummer about the Whizzer Shew.

These crazy things really are addicting.

Of cource it starts out with a cheap little engine kit but is just a hobby. Then you need a welder. Then a drill press. The drill press is the true gateway tool. You tell your self you can quit any time but just have to have a mill, then a lathe.

Then you run out of garage space and have to build a shop.........
Not about mabs, but true story.
I had a wife, who was given a horse. We didn't have a place for it, so I bought 5acres of an old hay field. Can't have a horse eating straight alfalfa. So had to plow, disc, and seed with the proper pasture mix. That done and we needed fencing, and cross fences, imported materials from France because "horses get serious injuries from wire fences". Then I needed to bring in power, and have a 200ft well dug. We've got no shelter so I build a 36'x50 barn, stalls with 3/4" rubber matting, barred, roller doors, and of course a heated and insulated tack room. As soon as she bought a trailer, another free horse arrived to keep the first one company. A larger trailer was now needed that included a tack and changing room so she could go places to ride trails. Then a new truck was needed to pull the heavier trailer up into the mountains. I worked 16/7 running 3 related companies, and couldn't ride often, and she found herself a guy that could. Now, I build mabs in the living room, 2 there now, my gf thinks its funny and doesn't mind a bit.
455 Olds powered Corvair

Last edited by Greybeard; 11-01-2012 at 11:14 AM.