View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: New China bike just built! 700c Thruster walmart

Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
You're right about one thing FOR SURE 2stroker, 27mph sucks. But in defence of cheap chinese two strokes, they ARE cheap. I don't think you paid $120 for your COMPLETE engine kit. Also, The casting of the engine won't cause it to knock. A cheap piston bushing instead of a bearing might cause that. I always check and replace if I get one. I don't know what fabian is doing wrong, but I'm on my second engine in almost 9 years, (sold the first one.) And I ride my bike almost every day. And you didn't mention how many tires you went through.
I'm glad you're happy with your coaster brakes, you must have the best coasters in the world. I've had a few bikes with them and what I've learned is they either won't stop you or they just lock up. Last time that happend I wound up on the asphault.
Anyway bro, to each his own. I like my 66/80cc cheapo chinese 2 stroke. If it does break it's always a (cheap,) easy fix. And as for carrying tools, EVERYONE that rides a motorized ANYTHING should at least carry the basics, including you just cause ya never know.
I paid $249 and havent had to do any upgrades or tinkering. I have gone through a bike tire about every 1,000miles.. I use the low rider tire from walmart and it works great.. i havent had any issues with my brakes. of course i dont ride cheap walmart bikes either..i dont carry any tools when i ride..theres no need with my bumblebee kit..theres nothing to break..its not like most kits with several parts to install and tinker with..theres just the one bolt bracket..and the engagement bar bracket and that's it a total of 3 bolts.. they are coming out with a new design that is going to eliminate the engagement bar. My friend over at bumblebee sent me a pic of it the other day its really sweet looking. but to each own ya know..some like tinkering and having to carry tools..i like to just ride and have fun! Havent broke down once..not even a flat tire..of course i cant get flat seeing how i use the solid tubing instead of air tubes. I think going over 30mph on a bike is just stupid..its a bicycle not a motorcycle..when you hit pavement its gonna hurt that much more..bikes arent made for that kinda speed..I have a honda 250cr dirtbike for that kinda fun! enjoy your ride though!