View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Rear tank mount and peacock questions

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
As long as the bottom of the tank is higher than the fuel inlet of the carburetor you'll be good to go. These are gravity flow systems, no fuel pump and fuel runs downhill only.

As for the petcock, the kit tank and kit supplied petcocks are a 10mm machine thread, not a tapered pipe thread. There should have been a red gasket, about dime sized that was meant to seal the kit petcock to the tank. It appears that you have replaced the kit valve with another type which I will guess is 1/8" male pipe thread.
If that's the case it will probably turn in a little, it should be tighter than finger tight anyway, to rotate the fuel line to where you need it. In your case I would have used a straight petcock instead of the 90 degree one you have which would have aimed the fuel line more directly toward the carb.
Good luck.

Again, thanks for the advice. I will put the stock petcock back on to have it aiming down and that will do for my 1st build. (I do have the red gasket on there) I can always use the other one for something fancy smancy later.