Re: Canada My situation; legal questions about Ontario
So hey guys, I have done some reading and tried to see the most legal way of working in what I want.
What I want:
- It to look like a dual sport motorcycle
- No or little insurance needed
- No or little licensing needed
- No or little registration needed
- Great gas mileage
- As legal as possible
Now, if I went the gasoline engine route, then I'd be doing the pretty much "most illegal way" of getting what I want.
Now, if I go the ebike route, I CAN get what I want to an extent; look!:
- It to look like a dual sport motorcycle ;; Yep! Doesn't need to be a step-through design! Sweeeet!
- No or little insurance needed ;; ZERO needed! They're permamently allowed on roads!
- No or little licensing needed ;; I just needa be over 16! That's it! Though I'm sure getting my M or LSM can only help!
- No or little registration needed ;; ZERO needed!
- Great gas mileage ;; They use no gas to begin with!
- As legal as possible ;; Errr... Sortof... Well, it's the best I'll get.
- Reliable ;; Should be all reliable besides the batteries going bad after a few years
So basically, this is the answer. I'll be able to pretty much just have an electric dual sport (reminds me of the Zero Motorcycles) with foldable pedals (they're needed...) and a label in both languages saying it's an ebike. That's it.
Yeah sure, it isnt the cheapest, but hey, it'll work! I'm happy with it! Now I know what to shoot for!