View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: in line fuel filter leak

Originally Posted by deskman View Post
i figured out my problem!

the fuel lever was slightly off, pointing it straight to the fuel tank didn't stop gas kept flowing to the engine and flooded the little filter. the pressure eventually forced gas out of the cracks. i figured out where fuel is stopped and now thats not a problem!...i did buy hose clamps just in case
better yet, eliminate the kit supplied gas valve all together and get an in line shut off valve.
get a brass threaded barb fitting from the hardware store that screws into the tank, add a short peice of fuel line, then install a briggs & strattton in line shut off valve (about $5.00), your filter, and you're good to go.

empty the gas tank, remove the fuel shut off valve and take it to the hardware store with you so you can match up the threads with a barbed brass fitting. put some teflon tape on the threads of the fitting and screw it into the gas tank bung. (tighten it up but be careful not to go too tight, you can easily strip the threads in the tank bung).
I did this to one of my bikes about a year ago and I have not had a leak or a fuel flow problem since.