Thread: Red Tag FYI
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Default Re: Red Tag FYI

Originally Posted by JonnyR View Post
i own a 2011 GT-5 kit and a flying horse kit there is no comparing the 2 the grubee kit is such cheap crap if you sit them side by side with there 410 chain, sloppy welds (on the tank) and the worst is they are horribly under packed i cant beleve anyone cane get a kit from them without something being broken or missing.then to add insult to it they send out the EPA parts which never work right unless you modify the h3ll out of them

the flying horse kit has the 415 chain the NT carb and had the option of the ubolt mount (grubee says drill your frame not happening).
nicest thing is it works out of the box and NOTHING is scratched, dented or broken they spent the extra $1 on boxs and bubble wrap bags to pack things in. also it works out of the box no extra parts needed and pulls like a train in comparison to the grubee(when it worked ).

so in short there are huge differences in the kits even if they are cast the same the quality control makes a difference and i feel better when i open a box and its not just tossed inside.
That is one experience. It doesnt prove that Flying Horse in general is better than Grubee or any other kit. It also doesnt prove that Grubee is any worse in general than any other kit. You got a crappy Grubee kit and a good Flying Horse kit. People buy 3 Grubee kits and two of them are great, and the same with Flying Horse. Quality Control is the same at all the factories. Everything rolls off the line and goes in a box. They dont check any of the parts to see if they work. some factories dont even start the engines to see if they run. Some do, and that is the extent of quality inspection at any of these factories. I had two grubee kits, and the quality was the same. In fact, my bike is two years old, and the only Grubee parts it doesnt have is the engine, chain, and gas tank. I got a bigger tank, needed a new engine, and the kit chain I just replaced. There are basically 3 parts to the 2 stroke motorbike game. Knowing whether what you got is total junk or at least half useable, knowing how to make the half useable stuff REALLY useable without destroying it in the process, and taking care of/maintaining/replacing as needed once its together. it dont matter which two stroke kit you get, none of them are hondas, and aint never gonna be, no matter what. On average, they are all the same quality. One kit might come out of a factory and be perfect, another might fall apart on ya. Its all relatively the same. After you have bought a few more kits or engines from different suppliers, you'll see.