View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: ?Recommendations for HF 90cc Engine Kit

Originally Posted by The_Aleman View Post
You have to contact a dealer. I don't know where you are, so can't help you with that.
I'm in Kansas City, Kansas now, but I'm not adverse to doing business over distances. The stuff will probably need to be shipped anyway.
Originally Posted by The_Aleman View Post
AGK's gearbox is wider, and less expensive, but offers better performance. Easier to service and customize. It's also less of an eyesore, some would say.

The Q-matic is slightly narrower and more expensive, but is smoother. Some would say it's uglier, too, on account of it's huge gearbox cover.
The Q-matic is available only through authorized dealers? Is that what you are saying?
The AGK products seem to be available directly from their site. I already called: got voice mail.
OK, the Jackshaft Assembly. "Jackshaft has a 22t input sprocket and a 9t output sprocket". How can there be a gear reduction when the input sprocket has more t then the output? Maybe the terms "input" and "output" are used differently than I'm accustomed. The pic seems to show a 9t drive and 22t driven.
The in-frame FD mentioned above looked OK. I'll need to read some more.