View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Default Re: Noob attempts a Felt MP build: Have mercy on me.

Originally Posted by miked826 View Post
LOL Yeah I really didn't have a clue what was going on, which is why it's taken me sooooo long to get to this point, but I just keep on keepin' on until I'm satisfied.
None of us knew how to. Just "wanted to" and very cool "keepin' on until I'm satisfied." is a great build.

Taking a good long while is a good thing. Half the fun is the build. I raced with my first build ($148 2 smoker) Ad said could be assembled in 4 hrs. I didn't get from the edge of the drive way to the end of the yard before the tensioner went in to the spokes, lol.

Originally Posted by miked826 View Post
It's a real Dude Magnet at the beach, of all ages and races. For what it's worth. I'm not really use to that kind of attention.
The attention/folks noticing thing freaks me out too. I wanted to be incognito and spent huge amounts of time and money trying for the quietest muffler. When I started riding 4 smokes, missed the "that look" thing.

Just sayin' it gets fun(er) after you get used to it. I live in a very reserved sort of town. Folks are a wee bit stand off-ish. On a MB, end up talking to neighbors.

Every kid who owned a bicycle wanted to do this. When some one sees your's and smiles, it is a good thing.
worst apocalypse ever