View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: What scares me the most...

Originally Posted by goofyfoot2001 View Post
I hate wearing a helmet (you don't have to in South Carolina) but i can't NOT wear one with these little missiles. Braking is probably my biggest worry because the back brake sucks and the front disc brake is on the front and works well enough but isn't great.
I used to not like helmets much, but I always wore one because I didn't trust some of the other drivers in my immediate vicinity.
One day, while on my bike, I was hit hard by a truck. While I was recuperating from surgery in the hospital, I asked the doctor if he thought the helmet might have saved my life. He said he didn't know, and to just look at my helmet. He said whatever happened to my helmet would have happened to my head if I was not wearing a helmet. He said if it looked like injuries I could live through, then all the helmet would do would be to maybe prevent a concussion or keep somebody from becoming a vegetable.
I looked at my helmet. I kinda think it's the reason I'm still here. I wear a real nice one now.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"