View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 09:07 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: MASTER BIKE BUILDER QUESTION: rear wheel (freewheel?)& sprocket ~ flip-over

Originally Posted by tyrslider View Post
jburr36 do you have a 40 hole rim for that hub? how about spokes? Let me know what you find. I bought that setup from bgf and found that a 40 hole rim isn't very common.
Nope. I never really bothered to count the holes. I specifically emailed Boygofast how many holes the hub had with the 'Ask A Seller A Question Feature' and he told me "36." He lied to me as there are 40. I also asked him if with this freewheel hub if I would have to get a pull start and a wide crank kit and he never responded to that.

Also I noticed that the holes in his hub are not staggered on the right and left sides like normal hubs are. It's totally useless.

Fortunately I have the means to make another hub that will work with my lathe. Probably cost me $10 or so.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. - Albert Einstein

I used to say that politics was the second-oldest profession. I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first. - Ronald Reagan

"You do not want to get between Michelle and a tamale." - Barack Obama