View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
I get most of my "nods" from the OLD SCHOOL Harley riders. I'm not talking about the rich kids that went to the dealer and just bought one. The O G's think it's cool that I built something from almost nothing and didn't just go buy something. And if ya think people where you live are rude, come take a ride with me in San Jose. It'll make ya wanna carry a gun. At the very least it will teach you to be aware of your surroundings.(the hard way...)
That's too bad. I've been cussed out and threatened a couple of times, but usually the expletives I hear are in surprise and followed by compliments and/or questions... makes the bad stuff seem less terrible. I wonder if they're so hostile to ebikes? The way I see it, If I can go the speed limit and be quieter than an average Harley, they shouldn't have a problem with it. Especially in my area, people drag-race hotrods all day long... we just had the national hot-rod championship here last weekend! But I had a guy in a truck say, "We don't need your smoke here! Turn that thing off!" which really just blows my mind. As if I would be putting out less emissions in a truck...?

I've been doing a lot of reading on ebikes. Hope to start a build in a year or two, we'll see-- I'll need nearly $1000 in batteries alone...

Tried brazing my exhaust this morning, and discovered that 15% silver brazing rods don't have enough silver to stick to steel-- and moreover, they're phosphorous based self-cleaning rods which is apparently a no-no for steel. So I'm going to clean them up and retry tomorrow morning.