View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

The wife's motorized bicycle has been having problems, seemed to be starving for fuel and bogging out sometimes. I changed the fuel filter, checked the fuel line, and figured I'd take a look at the carb while I was at it. I took the fuel bowl off and was thinking about replacing the gasket, since it had been pinched a bit. As I was looking it over I realised the mating side of the carb for the bowl was actually slightly curved, arch-shaped really. I'm thinking that it was probaby getting a bit of an air leak there, as I swapped it for another carb (after I tore that down and inspected it first), re-assembled eveything and now it doesn't seem to be having that problem.

Today we took the bikes and the trailer to the grocery store and back. First trip, so it was a bit of a learning experience. We're going to look more carefully at return trip routes. There were a few too many intersections where we had to hill-climb from full stop.

Anyway, here's a few pics:

First is the trailer, loaded up for the trip home. Holds two large Rubbermaid totes nicely.

Second is the trailer hooked up to my wife's motorized bicycle. I couldn't find a kiddie-flag I liked, so we have an old vis-vest across the back for now. She's going to make something better fitting for it from it.

Third is our bike, and trailer, locked up at the store. I think I'm going to have to get another cable and lock, it was tricky getting everything secured.

Last is the new fuel filter on her bike.

Edit: Here's a link to the trailer pics/album.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20120818_153037.jpg (265.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 20120812_142605.jpg (310.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 20120818_144004.jpg (232.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 20120812_143359.jpg (279.6 KB, 44 views)

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser

Last edited by CTripps; 08-18-2012 at 08:08 PM.