View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: whats so great about a motorized bicycle?

Is there any man in this country over the age of 40 who didn't dream as a kid of having a bicycle with an engine? Of course we were too dirt poor to even think that dream would become a reality in 1978 when I was 8 years old. So I kept the dream in the back of my mind and 32 years later I built my first motorized bike. It was just one of those things that had to be done!
Same reason I have way too many RC airplanes. Hours upon hours standing in the hobby shop as an 8 year old kid looking up at the ceiling at one of those super cool planes. 20 years after that I was flying my very own. It too was one of those things that just had to be done!
It is one thing to get old and it is another thing to get "old minded". My body may age and I may take on more and more responsibilites as I get older, but my mind is young and everything that was super cool to me at 8 years old is just as super cool to me today at 42. Riding that motorized bike is everything I imagined it would be at 8 years old and for those who have gotten to "old minded" to remember all the great things they imagined they would do someday when they got older....we should feel sorry for those who have lost there ability to be "young minded".
I don't measure my life in how long I will live...I will measure it in how well I lived while I was here! People that build motorized bikes are the type of people who refuse to sit on the porch and watch life pass them by!! We are the ones riding by the houses of those who will never get off the porch to go and do the things they swore they would do when they grew up.