View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: These guys aren't lying...

I cringe every time I see someone post something like "I know nothing about engines" or "I need to have someone build it for me" because you know they're going to have nothing but trouble, and every little problem is going to morph into a Hurricane Katrina-sized catastrophe.

He may be new to MBs, but obviously frogbiscuit can turn a wrench and read instructions. So even though he was working with the usual marginal hardware, he was successful in getting it running.

This is something I see sadly lacking here - a warning to newbies that unless you can fix your own bicycle and at least do some of the maintenance on your car, then motorized bicycles aren't for you. Without some mechanical abilities you're going to be stuck with a pile of junk and nothing to do but post that BGF/Luckyearlybird/BikeBerry/etc. are nothing but crooks. No, they're not crooks, they're just selling the same cheap crap that everyone sells.

Basically, if you can't fix your own lawn mower, don't try to build a motorized bike.