View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I can't recall the details, exactly. We got it second-hand for less than $30. I think the kid-compartment was by Axiom, the frame might have been by Norco. There wasn't a lot of info online about it when we googled it after we got it. It was a 2-seat nylon sling contraption that had seen better days and was about to fall apart (the nylon that is... left in the sunlight too often, I think).
We used a piece of 3/4" plywood for the deck, it's had several coats of varnish to seal it. It's secured to the frame with conduit holders and 3/4" #8 screws, with a bit of high-density rubber between the brackets and the frame itself. The sides are folded down in the pic, they flip up and lock in to bring the height to around three feet. There are a couple of removable crossbars that give it rigidity when unfolded.
I'm not happy with the connection it uses to the bike (a clamp for the chainstay, not a lot of clearance to the drive sprocket) so I'm probably going to redesign that to use a bracket on the bike and a hitch-pin at some point. Beyond that, all it really needs is some kind of reflectors or rear lighting. We're going to put a kid's bike flag on the left rear corner for sure to make the drivers more aware of where the back end is.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser