Originally Posted by Allen_Wrench
I've put enough ducats into this lousy nickel-and-dimer. I'm getting rid of it before it burns down the house. Would you believe that the source of the sparks was where the plug, through either a massive short or surge, had tried to arc-weld itself into the outlet. I discovered this after just barely winning the fight to unplug it. Now I'll have to make sure I haven't damaged the outlet. I don't think so; it still seems okay. I've only seen this sort of thing once before, and it didn't bode well the last time either. I currently don't feel good about recommending GE clothes dryers.
Well, I did get to look over my bike and do a bit of cleaning. Nothing very exciting to report that way I'm afraid.
Prolly just as well to replace that wall socket!? If it is a bad connection it will sit and heat up again.