View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Red face Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
A good pipe is almost always the answer. But you can try a little experiment first if you want. MOST of the stock pipes are way too restrictive, So just yank out the baffle and ride it like ya stole it. I suggest you do this in the daytime and not 2 in the morning. The neighbors might not appreaciate a dirt bike on the street at early morning hours. I think you'll find the horsepower and top end you've been looking for. If this is the case, then like I said, a good pipe is almost always the answer. I've got a real good expansion chamber on my tadpole trike and it made all the difference in the world. I'm pretty much running a straight pipe on my cruiser (just took out the baffle) and it works alright. It's loud but it runs too good to mess with.
Alright, that's really a relief, I'm definitely game... just please forgive my inexperience.

I did some searching and it sounds like the baffles should just fall right out, but I removed the endcap and they're pretty solid. Reading online about motorcycle mufflers, ehow said to just drill straight up the exhaust port. But my exhaust port/endcap is just a long, hollow tube. There are chambered baffles inside the pipe with round holes for the endcap tube to go through, as well as crescent holes. But I can't get those to come out at all.

So, um... help me please? =) Am I missing something obvious? Should I just drill through the endcap?

Last edited by xenodius; 08-03-2012 at 12:06 PM.