Thread: Micargi General
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Micargi General

Originally Posted by Cannonfish View Post
Thanks! The seat came from (it's just a bannana seat, you could probably find them anywhere). The seatpost was cut and welded back about 4" to move the seat backwards a bit, and the supports for the back part of the seat are made out of electrical conduit.

Just a thought, your Marzocchi triple fork might have a 1.25" steering tube on it (most higher-end forks and bikes use that diameter)... while the Micargi General has a 1" diameter head tube. It took some searching before I found a disc-brake-compatible fork with a 1" tube (ultimately found it on eBay)... I only wish I had the front suspension you're going to have on yours - that will be sweet.

Good luck!
Your right about the front end. Looks like I am going to have to weld it on. I believe it is a good enough investment and I'll strengthen all the other weld points on the frame at the same time. Now I'm looking at carbs and expansion chambers, Ive read great things about the CNC Carb. You have any suggestions? Also I am rebuilding the rear to hold 2 .50 Cal Ammunition cases like "saddlebags" with a 20" banana seat and a sissy bar with black cushioning. Mounted to the sissy bar 5 gal. Jerry Can. Hopefully with mavic 720 rims with Michelin performance tires.

Last edited by NorthEastRiot; 08-02-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Mistype