View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Ask a specific question

I appreciate everyones input on this. This morning I bought O rings and put one in the carb to seal to the manifold. I checked the gap on the plug..OK. The plug does fire. I took the carb off and unscrewed the bowl and blew through the jet...ok. I put the carb back on with the O ring and gasket sealant. I put a screwdriver down the cylinder and cranked it and yes it goes up and down. I cranked it and put my hand over the manifold intake and feel suction. After all this I peddled my ass off and not even a pop.

I have worked with several 2 strokes before, ie snowmobiles and ultralight aircraft and have never seen anything like this. I have submitted a claim to the purchaser but I'm not holding my breath.

As a final effort I am going to buy a new plug and try it. I don't know why it would make any difference though when the one I have fires. But I just don't get why when I put fuel in the cylinder it won't fire on that fuel. I have spent way too many hours on this and about ready to pee on it.