View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Well, tonight wasn't so hot, and I needed more razor cartridges. (But who needs a rationale; I would have rode anyway.) It wasn't such a bad ride. But it could have been a whole lot better.
For some reason Murphy's Law feels it has to establish its reality. Now, I ride with my headlight on in the daytime. I ride with it on at night. So, when does the bulb blow out? You all know the answer. (Oh I carry a spare headlight bulb. But the one thing I didn't have in my trunk was a flashlight. Why? No clue at present.) I somehow managed to fix it in the dark without loosing anything (that I know of) and moved on.
Now, I also just cleaned my bike after the previous ride. So tonight some rustic, rural Philistine in the car ahead of me tosses a fast-food sack full of mayonnaise packets out the window into the path of yours truly! Just got in from cleaning her again. And I just learned that I've tracked in mayonnaise! Sheesh!
Ah well, I still have to say: even a lousy night of riding is better than no riding at all (provided there's no accident involved.)

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"