View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Thinking about a bumble bee

If you can afford it an EZ Q-Matic is the way to go. I've never owned one but the reports coming in from users are all good. They do run $600. If you do the math tho even spending $600 on a kit pays off pretty quick fuel savings rack up quickly at 100+ MPG. It really depends on several factors what you choose to buy. I have ran several of the cheapest China kits and am very happy with their performance. These things do take some mechanical aptitude if you aren't a fairly decent mechanic I'd go with a friction drive with the supertitan 50cc engine gonna run ya around $400. Hope this helps. Dax has an add here in the left column. If you go with the cheaper china kit here's my vendor of choice
He may not be the cheapest but shipped to my door $200 is a fair price and I know this dude stands behind his products.
You can expect to spend 8+ hours installing the cheap kit less than an hour on the friction drive which is way more reliable and IDK how long it takes to put the EZ Q-matic on but it has a transmission that extends your power and speed range. Good luck! Have fun!

Last edited by george_n_texas; 07-27-2012 at 11:26 AM.