View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Arrow Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

That's interesting. I hope I don't get the thread locked or posts blocked.

You can get these at the toy store for $1-5, and they are obviously fake (though could be confused as a flare gun by some idiots or cops on a MWG call.) Dogs might or might not run from it. Follow your local and state laws, please.

I really don't want to shoot anything, but I wouldn't hesitate if it seriously attacked. If there are other measures that will work, that is the best course. I think a .22 rimfire isn't enough, but if that's what you want, get the Walther 22 semi-auto. It is a real hot seller here. It holds 10 rounds and the mag-release is actually a hinged section of the trigger guard, so you will never accidentally drop your mag or have it jam after the first shot if you pocket-holster carry or belt-clip carry.
I agree, dogs are a serious danger to bicyclists and motorcyclists.

For a related thread, see here:

Originally Posted by yodar View Post
A LITTLE HISTORY back in the LATE 190-S AND EARLY 1900'S Bicycling was what driving a car is today. Dogs were a VERY serious concern to cyclists. So Much that a small caliber 25-30 cal. rim-fire pistol with retractable trigger so it can easily be pocketed and withdrawn to deal with threatening dogs while on the "velocipede" the pistol was called the "VELO DOG PISTOL"

1" roller Dax Friction Drive and Tanaka 3300 with mods.

Last edited by happycheapskate; 07-24-2012 at 03:15 AM.