View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Default Re: 90cc 2 strke cyclinder and piston kit?

Originally Posted by Ibedayank View Post
with the right Bicycle its not only possible but very doable

but NOT on a Cranbrook or any other upright diamond frame bicycle

one like this on human power alone NOT down hill on dead flat roads went 83 plus

get the picture?
well no duh. yet again, people are misunderstanding what I am saying. I NEVR said a cranbrook or any diamond frame bike could do 80 under pedal power. with the right powerplant, i am sure a motorized bicycle could get to 80. but we are talking in the realm of an 11hp liquid cooled morini with proper gearing. it is possible. if you consider the fact that at my current gearing i do about 30, and a morini does about twice the rpm of an ht, maybe a little less, so 50 or 60mph is easily achievable with a morini at a similar or slightly taller gear ratio than an ht. so if you used a 30t with a morini, i bet you could do close to 80. motorcycles are nowhere near as streamlined as velomobiles, and you can do 100mph easy on the right motorcycle. so take a regular bicycle (no cranbrook for a morini, but maybe an old american made schwinn or similar) change the riding position a little if necessary, and with the right gearing and rpm, no reason a bicycle couldnt get close to 80. even if you had to custom build a frame to fit a big enough engine, still possible. but an upright-ridden bicycle is never going to do 80 on pedal power alone.