View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Wish me luck. I'll be heading out tomorrow to a Ride-in Bike Show at Indy's own Eiteljorg Museum, as sorta part of the Steel Ponies exhibit. It's not so much a big formal thing, but Easy Riders Magazine photographer Michael Farabaugh is supposed to be there. And I intend to take a few pics of my own, and post some here. So I have spent most of this evening going over my bike, top to bottom, tightening any nuts or bolts that seemed they should be tighter (not many of these) and checking my engine mounts, chains, cables, fuel delivery, tire pressure, lights, etc. etc.

Then, of course, I went out for a very pleasant evening cruise. And I have to say, I am probably the last guy to jump on the "China Girl Haters" bandwagon. While I have to agree: these are certainly not Morinis or even Hondas, I must say mine is fairly decent by a long way. And probably more reliable than any HT 2-stroke was ever expected to be. As my old Dodge Caravan grows more temperamental with each passing year, I find myself making more local jaunts with the bike. And trying to keep most jaunts local.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Last edited by Allen_Wrench; 07-13-2012 at 11:41 PM.