View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 03:01 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Yep... Another Felt Build!

Here are some pics after I finished the tank, and bolted up the basic parts to turn it into an actual bicycle:

The frame, rims, fork blades, and chain guard are powder coated in "Bengal Silver" at Andrews Powder Coating in Chatsworth. They did a really nice job, no orange peel, just buttery smooth silver!

I have a Sportsman rear sprocket adapter installed with a 44 tooth rear sprocket. The stock Shimano coaster hub was retained, but I re-laced it with fresh Sapim 12 gauge spokes (I think they were 259mm long)

The front hub is a Sturmey Archer 90mm drum with 3w dynamo. I used 14 gauge Wheelsmith spokes, with brass spoke head washers and aluminum nipple washers, which was necessary because the hub and rim were drilled for 12g spokes. Using a 50mm wide Felt rim, the washers and this hub, the spoke length was 251/250mm, FYI

I am still experimenting with locking down the brake arm.

I am thinking about switching the side the brake is on... Will the S/A Dynamo work if it run backwards? I will hook up a voltmeter and see...

I switched the 26X2.5 Maxis Hookworm tires out for the standard Quick Bricks when I realized the front tire was rubbing on the frame downtube. It still rubbed with the QBs so I took another look at the fork and did some research on stack height for the ProFlex. Turns out they are very sensitive to stack height! I took out all spacers from under the top clamp on the fork and now it has no issues.

More to come later...
The only constant is change!

Last edited by GoldenSprocket; 07-13-2012 at 04:15 AM.