View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I've added the Bear Trap pedals (silver instead of black) and I've been slowly getting the wiring done. Very slowly. I've also been buzzing around the block a few times trying to get a better idea of how to make the bike run better. Every few miles I take a few minutes and check the bolts, etc. I had a seat bolt drop out his weekend from vibration and that makes three including a front wheel nut and rear chain cog bolt. All very exciting but avoidable with some Loctite.

I do still have a sputtering issue (the bike, not me) as can be seen on the front engine mount. The cylinder has been decked, the gaskets are new, the bolts have been re-tightened a number of times to the point I'm concerned I'll strip them if I go any tighter. Not to thrilled with little two stroke. Any suggestions where to look or a link would appreciated.

Reconsidering the V-Twin and I'm thinking about a horizontally opposed twin like an old Douglas or Indian Model O. Just curious but has anyone ever tried mounting one of the larger displacement RC airplane engines on a MB?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-197284605.jpg (522.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg image-120662036.jpg (376.8 KB, 37 views)