View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 02:29 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: So I saw this ad on Craigslist...

Originally Posted by jdavidstamper View Post

i happen to have two choppers in my garage right now, though the lower ride is a little strange to get use to its not that bad. the issue comes with the mounting of the motor, note that the rear tire on the chopper is much wider than that of a regular bicycle, so it requires a special mounting bracket. also note that the chopper stye bicycle does not have a v frame like the normal bicycle and the rear tire is a deep dish on the spokes so mounting the sprocket to it also becomes a little tricky. once the engine is mounted and you are actually riding the pedal assist it is rather comfy and easy to control, but if you are six foot tall or taller you'll definitely want a different handle bar set up to save your knees a constant beating, consider something like ape hangers. oh and before i forgett the chain tightner is a ***** to install on the chopper as well, so you may be better off buying the mounting kit...hope this helps
truth is that the kits seem like they have all the necessary equipment and that they would be a cinch to install, but doesn't everything lol. seriously though i am considering fabricating my own mounting bracket it looks simple enuf and as for the muffler most of the kits come with an extended on that mounts to the frame near the rear tire, check out ebay for these under "schwinn chopper"