View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: So I saw this ad on Craigslist...

Originally Posted by jdavidstamper View Post

i happen to have two choppers in my garage right now, though the lower ride is a little strange to get use to its not that bad. the issue comes with the mounting of the motor, note that the rear tire on the chopper is much wider than that of a regular bicycle, so it requires a special mounting bracket. also note that the chopper stye bicycle does not have a v frame like the normal bicycle and the rear tire is a deep dish on the spokes so mounting the sprocket to it also becomes a little tricky. once the engine is mounted and you are actually riding the pedal assist it is rather comfy and easy to control, but if you are six foot tall or taller you'll definitely want a different handle bar set up to save your knees a constant beating, consider something like ape hangers. oh and before i forgett the chain tightner is a ***** to install on the chopper as well, so you may be better off buying the mounting kit...hope this helps
That does help, thanks...
Hmm.. that sounds like a lot of trouble, I'd definietly be willing to pay for the mounting kit, if that's all I need. If I buy the mounting kit, all those problems should disappear? Or would other problems arise like the muffler, or something?

~EDIT: Is it possible to buy a compatible, thinner rear wheel (without hurting the stability of the bike) thus making the job easier?
The best part about asking questions, is that you add to the pool of information that future builders can look back on through the search function

Last edited by MysterySandwich; 07-04-2012 at 02:21 AM.