View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Removed the cheeze-o-matic turn signal/tail light from the kit that I regret putting on the bike. Only part I'm saving from it is a little clamp to sit on a brake cable and act like a switch, closing when pulled; might make my own brake light with it later. I also ordered a CREE P4 LED (~150 lumens) and a regulated driver ($5.76 total, free ship, dealextreme, 1,2) to stick in a headlight housing I have mounted to the base of my headset. I have a 12v/500mA dynamo that I'll probably run it off of-- but I could run it off the white wire, too. I might run it off the white wire and rig up a brake light later, then use the dynamo for high-beams... if I get motivated.

I'm really just killing time until the clutch hub puller kindly donated to me by KCVale gets here, then I can fix my rattling, wobbling clutch base... hopefully. Then I'll take it on a short test run and look everything over... bungee down the gas can to the rack, and ride it 22 miles to the nearest ethanol free station where I will fill up my 2.5L tank and my can for a post-break-in ratio. And it will be FUN. =) I get to take all the back roads! =)