View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Rusty1 Rusty1 is offline
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 50
Default Re: I'm a newbie with lots of questions

Lol . I wish it was that easy . 1st and foremost the motor needs to be 50cc or less I bought a mag cover that has 48cc engraved on it] , otherwise it has to be registered and insured as a motorcycle . Then you have to have a head light that shines a 100' , tail light , working brake light , horn and front and rear brakes . Then you need to go to the secretary of state and ask for the paper work for an assembled moped and have local law enforcement inspect the bike and sign off on it . THEN you go pay $10 for the assemblers title and $15 for your moped registration . In other words , in the state of Michigan you gotta act like a circus animal and jump threw hoops .
Reply With Quote