View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 11:46 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: A Newbee in Ohio

"Disabled since 2009" you say. Just let us know what you need help with. I am sure we can help you get riding.
A year or so back, somebody posted a touching story about a blind boy who got a bike for a gift. The hitch was: it was one of those "trailer" bikes - no front wheel, it hitches onto the adult bike in front of it. The boy felt it over and, if I recall rightly, wanted to know where the rest of the bike was.
I was moved by this, and having inventors in the family and in my blood, I wanted to help. I couldn't come up with anything but the below article. So I passed it on to somebody who knew of the boy's family and hoped they followed up on it:

This guy is blind. Like, REALLY blind. And he rides a mountain bike on trails and stuff. There's always a way.

So, like I say, you tell us what you have to work around - we'll help you get on a motorized bike.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Last edited by Allen_Wrench; 06-19-2012 at 11:48 PM.