View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 0.0 Is this a CRACK?!

Rag joint sprockets serve a purpose, they provide a slight cush between the rapid RPM changes and 2-stroke motor pulses to the hub.

... they also allow the spokes to saw through each other as the wheel flexes...

I guess what bothers me most is you are wiling to spend almost the cost of the whole bike on a $70 hub mount sprocket to make it easier for you but you won't spring $15 for a front C brake?

The Huffy has 12 guage spokes, double-walled steel rims and a machined rear hub. Only the Worksman has a stronger wheel. Perhaps the axle itself might not be up to scratch, but so far that has not been an issue... if it becomes an issue, I shall deal with it then. I can make any part I want.
I was 11 years old when I apprenticed as a gunsmith/blacksmith/machinist. I achieved Journeyman at age 14- that was 1968. I know my metals. I have seriouse background in milling, design, foundry, welding, forging, engineering and several other fields. My inspection of a frame is more than visual.
Have you ever noticed.... those Polititians who want to ban private gun ownership also want to spend YOUR money like there's no tomorrow?

... Maybe they are afraid of us coming after them...?

the Old Sgt.

Last edited by 2door; 06-18-2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Self Promotion