View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: 2 Friction Drives Compared

I've been driving the friction drive Staton for 8 years and it is a great kick. The Robin Subaru did me WAY better then the Honda GX 35 which I had to send back after a year or so for repair the Robin Subaru has never failed and works great in this application. I just received a the 07 4 stroke bike and after that you will never want to go back changing back tires and stuff which you have to do quite a bit with friction drive. The 4 stroke chain bike hardly ever gets a flat or that's how mine is and after 7 months or so the only problem is you need heavy duty spokes in the back wheel, actually every gas bike should install the heavy spokes the regular ones will go down on you; I weigh 160 and had to do this on both bikes. It is the most fun a person can have to me, it took about 8 years to get the friction drive bike perfect in every way but the ez cruizer really blows all the others that I've ridden out of the water no mixing oil and it goes like a bat out of ****. Honda GX35 and Robin Subaru are 4 stroke also so no mixing oil.