View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 02:31 PM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Old dog learns new trick...Welding!

Originally Posted by Tinsmith View Post
SB, the frame looks good and I kinda like the tank with that pinkish polka-dot like thing going on. Are we going from a "chick magnet" paint scheme to a "girlie" look? Nice work! It looks like you are figuring out the welding issues as you go which is what alot of us have to do. Dan
Thanks for the encouragement, you guys. I'm learning slowly but surely.

Dan, I know how much you said you liked the girlyman pink cammo look, but I tried it and it just isn't me. I'm sure it will look good on your next build, though. Are you doing your "new" Chevy truck in pink cammo? Outstanding!

The frame has one coat of gloss black and the tank has it's second coat. What looks like a blob in the photo is some kind of reflection. Honest. One thing about gloss black... if there's a flaw you sure do see it. Pretty unforgiving.

After this photo was taken I got the center stand tack welded to the frame so it will no longer wander loose and now the frame has a second coat of finish. Going to look good, I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05377.JPG (258.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05381.JPG (257.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05382.JPG (262.9 KB, 42 views)
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...