View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

No ride tonight. Been out in the shed putzing with the fuel line. The thick fuel-line rubber section that I'm using as a flexible bridge between the carburettor and the copper has developed a slight, slow drip when I open the petcock. It doesn't seem to drip when the engine runs and I'm moving, only when I idle at a stop or when I shut down first - right before I close the petcock. I probably could have left bad-enough alone, but it was bugging me, so I put a more serious screw-down hose clamp on it. That seems to do the trick.
And even just doing that little bit of work, with the high humidity, the mid 80s heat - even after dark, and the high ozone, all together had me sweating so much I was dripping like a faucet on the floor. When I stood up I saw stars. I got inside, and the air conditioned coolness almost knocked me flat. I drank what seemed like a gallon of water, sat down, and finally started to feel better. I've been doing stuff inside and outside all day. I sure hope tomorrow is cooler. I want to ride.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"