View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 02:46 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I was carpooling to work, so I let my bike sit in the house for 6 months. I'm done carpooling. My wife was dropping me off @ work. When it was time to pick me up, she'd doze off to sleep. This happened too often, so it was time to resume commuting to work w/my MB.

Today, I replaced the front tire tube, installed a new sparkplug and cleaned and oiled my K&N air filter. After draining the old gas, I poured Opti-2 into the Happy Time fuel tank and pedalled to the gas station. Filling the tank, I pedalled on the grass for a block to thoroughly mix the 2-stroke mix. After several pulls, the Tanaka 47R engine roared to life. I had forgotten what this powerful engine had sounded like! It was dark, so I slowly rode the isolated deserted sidewalks for a testride. Before parking the bike, I had replaced both wheels and added a new 11t-34t cassette with new bike chain and 8mm engine chain.

Surprisingly, nothing fell off. The chains remained in place and never missed a shift. The bike and I are ready for tomorrow's 12-mile commute.

I can hardly wait until daylight!