View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: painting of a au tank

Iiiiiim back! took you advise on the maskingtape idea, at work we use a type of constructiontape thats wider and of the same "rubbery" buildup like elect.tape.worked like clockwork!thanks,
Having the basecoat done i sat myself at the pc in Wordmode and picked and printed out the name in scale 1:1,then i turned the paper and with a ordinary pencil filled in the outlined the name,then fix the paper the right way on the maskingtape on the tank and start fill the outlines,that makes the backside leave a marking on the tape that you then can cut out with a scalpel (remember this is the DIY method).then its just to fill out the name,in this case gold.remove the masking and there you have it! after this i took 400 grid wetpaper and soapwater and carefully sanded the tank and the name to get rid of the little harsh parts you get left after the tape edges.then i took a ordinary black fineliner markingpen and outlined the edges of the name to make it stand out a bit.have just sprayed the clearcoat on and it seems to work,welcome with ques if you got them! puh...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg byggtråd 002.jpg (48.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg byggtråd 001.jpg (44.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg byggtråd 003.jpg (47.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg byggtråd 004.jpg (56.0 KB, 52 views)