View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 01:43 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: I'm Getting a Moped Instead

I like the fact that these engine kits give us the speed and power of a regular moped but we still have a lighter weight and simple construction advantage. I used to ride a moped, had to license and insure it as well but there is no way I could carry it up the stairs to my apartment. I would never be allowed to ride it on bike trails here in the redwoods either.

These engine kits are cheap and not perfect but with some effort they can be all that we need them to be. True that we have to do some custimization to make them work and look good on our bikes but that is theraputic when we finally achieve success.

I don't know about other people here but personally I have more respect and appreciation of my bike now that I worked hard to make it what it is and do what it does.

Gee Large, some mighty big fonts you have there.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. - Albert Einstein

I used to say that politics was the second-oldest profession. I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first. - Ronald Reagan

"You do not want to get between Michelle and a tamale." - Barack Obama