View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Today, I did nothing more with the bike than go on a *ahem* rather extended ride this evening. What with the temperature being at or near a hundred Faraheit from about 10 am until 4 pm and just plain-old blazing hot thereafter, I couldn't see doing it whilst the sun was above the horizon.
Once I had the new tank installed, I began checking bearing grease, I re-aligned the rear wheel and adjusted the chain, checked the plug, fussed with the idle, checked my air filter, and - you get the idea.
So today, as I was riding in the slightly cooler evening air, the bike was gliding along so effortlessly that I didn't want to get off. And the new tank being bigger, it thus holds much more fuel. I don't have the nagging in the back of my head telling me to cut my ride short anymore. I've got fuel for many miles. And she was cruising like a dream. (But I do concede: it takes a bit of work and general futzing to get a Happy Time 2-smoker to behave this well.)
I simply MUST take her out again tomorrow. I WILL find the time.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Last edited by Allen_Wrench; 05-27-2012 at 11:26 PM.