View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Chain jumps off what to do?????

Originally Posted by zuidelyjke View Post
Hi I'm new to this but i just installed my grubee GT5 on a 10 speed frame and i've broken two chains now and am out of ideas of how to fix this problem. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm a pretty good do it your selfer and every thing lines up and about a 1/2 of play using the tensioner wheel that i am seriously considering eliminating the tensioner all together. Any one have any other ideas.
I just put my 3rd chain on and i think ive FINALLY figured it out. NOW..I put the tension wheel all the way down at first...shorten chain (take links out) to have only bout 1/4" slack..make sure the chain is a new one. ALLL my chains i was trying to re-use after jumping off or that i "pieced" together failed. The chain might click loudly when u first take off..if so .."ride" the clutch till noise goes as not to snap it. After chain heats up 10 or 15 min. ride u should have lot of slack again..keep tensioning each time till its stretched well. They sell a 410 at my local bike shop (BMX chain) for 12.99. Good luck!!! MOTOVATOR.