Originally Posted by LR Jerry
Here are important questions to consider when building or buying for yourself or others:
1) What is the predominant riding terrain?
(Level ground, hills, asphalt or dirt etc...)
2) What type of physique does the primary rider have?
(Large, small, short, tall or health issues etc...)
3) What will the rider's local laws allow and require them to have?
(Lookup and personally read these laws.)
4) What kind of bike is being motorized?
(Mountain, road, whizzer or recumbent etc...)
5) What is the bike to be used for?
(Shows, long trips, around town, off road or racing etc...)
6) How much of a budget is to be used for the build or buy?
(All at the start or as you can afford projects etc...)
Yep, I read through those questions in older threads. This helped me lean in the 4-stroke direction. Here are my answers:
1 - All the above
2 - No health issues. 5' 11", 170 lbs
3- Under 50cc
4- Steel Frame Mountain Bike
5- Around Town, Minimal off-road, camping (mild dirt and gravel roads)
6- $300 - $400 range, not including the bike.
I just need some advice on what 4-stroke kit to buy. There are several out there and the price range is fairly wide. I am sure others on here have some experience with some of the kits out there.